So I finally escaped the teen years haha, although it doesn't feel much different. However, I had a GREAT golden birthday on the 20th!! I woke up to get an amazing breakfast of french toast and dunc'n eggs thanks to Martha, Corey's mom, and she made me a Banana Cream Pie (she can make a killer banana cream pie)!! :) I even went outside and threw a frisbee with Corey's dog Tip ("dogicus"), who I love! Then Corey and I went shopping at South Towne Mall after we washed his car and splashed water on each other. haha. Corey and I spent the whole day together and it was a blast!
The day before, my residents had a birthday party for me and Holly made me a cherry chip birthday cake! It was really great and we had a lot of fun.
The day after, I had a birthday party with my Mom, Corey, Rickelle, Lexi, JB, Jennifer and Anthony. This was a lot of fun, I haven't been able to see them much lately because of school so it was great to get together. Mom made stir-fry from scratch (which was Super yummy!) and a carrot cake! Most of the time we just sat and talked to each other discussing issues and updating each other on our lives, it was great!
Then on Monday I had a birthday party at Dad's house with Corey, Dad, Cami, Carl, Ariana, and Ayden. This celebration had a German chocolate cake and cookie dough ice cream :) Dad gave me the most painful birthday spank I've ever had haha. Fortunately, I was able to avoid getting more than one! We had a dilemma with the camera after we had lit the candles already so Cami was rushing to get new batteries and change the memory card, but gave up and used her camera on her phone instead so that there wouldn't be excess wax all over the top of the cake. The 2 shaped candle about melted all the way through at the top. haha. The kids were pretty funny when I was opening cards because Ariana drew a picture for me that said "Boo BYU, Go U of U" haha we're starting her young! Then Ayden ran upstairs and grabbed a quarter from his piggy bank and gave it to me for my birthday and then Ariana ran upstairs and brought back a dollar for me! haha we stopped Ayden before he could go up again, but I found it pretty entertaining.
Overall, I had a pretty great birthday! I definitely at a lot of dessert during that weekend (which is why I asked everyone to have a different cake!) It was really great being able to spend my Golden Birthday with the people I care about most!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.