Friday, August 6, 2010
Dirtbiking with Dad at 5 mile pass :)
Ever since Corey bought his dirtbike, he's been teaching me to ride :) We've gone out a couple times, once with Lynn, once together, and we just went with my Dad :)
Dad has been dirtbiking since he was like 13 and when Corey and I started riding together we've been wanting him to go out with us to the desert to play. Our first attempt was a fail because we had to work on Corey's dirtbike and in the meantime a monsoon of rain decided to hit Lehi and Saratoga Springs right before we left.... So we decided to postpone our trip because no one was in the mood to get super soaked, muddy, and slide all over the place. But Dad was able to do wheelies on Corey's WR450F for like 10 minutes up and down his road, it was totally cool, I was impressed.
The next attempt to go to 5 mile pass on August 6th was very successful :) We got all of the bikes loaded and played for a couple hours in the dirt :) In my opinion this ride was Awesome! I was able to get used to standing up in the whoops and handling the bike. We went all over the place, to the ant hills, along various paths with little and big hills, and around farmer brown's field (which was way bumpier than expected). I was able to be confident in going down hills for the first time! :) yay for back breaks and encouraging riding buddies :) I normally follow Corey up and down hills in about the same path he takes because I know he knows what he's doing and picks the best path. I really really enjoy riding, it's something I've always wanted to do since I was a little kid watching Dad and I'm glad that I have the opportunity to go out an play on the dirt with Corey. Dad and Corey both had fun too and were able to go fast and wait a little for me, but they were patient and I kept up fairly well so we all had fun :) Corey let me ride his bike for a while and I couldn't believe how much more stable a bike with power is and I couldn't hardly tell the weight difference. It was really fun and overall a great ride :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.