Wednesday, September 15, 2010

M.S. Dinner of Champions




Each year, Martha's boss Phil hosts the Multiple Sclerosis Dinner of Champions for the Utah chapter. This is my second year going with them and I really enjoyed it. This year the dinner was at La Caille which is neat because this was also my first time going there. The gardens are very pretty and there are PEACOCKS walking around the gardens all over, spies as Corey calls them, haha, but I love peacocks so it was really neat seeing them. We were able to see and hold a real Olympic gold medal, which is heavier than you would expect and very very cool :) I think I'm going to have to say another favorite thing of mine about the dinner is dressing up to go to an event. I don't get to wear a fancy dress every day so it's fun to do it on nice occasions like this. The Jazz Bear was there also and was named the Sportsperson of the Year and we were able to get a picture with him :) The dinner was great, and the food was very good, especially the desert sampler :) I really enjoy the M.S. dinners because it brings an appreciation for the ability to move and we honor those who suffer from the disease and all of their strength and also those who fight to find a cure. It's a great cause and has gone a long way in recent years due to support and research. The Dinner of Champions is about honoring athletes of the year, those who put efforts towards helping M.S., along with those who battle the disease. The Silver Hope Award went to Zeke Dumke for his wonderful efforts in starting the M.S. Society Utah Chapter and maintaining it through support and participation and for all the wonderful things he has contributed to Salt Lake City and its universities. He is truly an amazing person. Overall the event was rewarding and I had a great time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.