Tuesday, May 17, 2011

STITCHES!!





So today I was making dinner and totally sliced into my left index finger with the knife :( Sad day. I was using the leftover turkey that we had and chopping it up and chopping up some vegetables to make shish kabobs and after I cut the turkey I was washing the knife in the sink with a small scrubber and soap and was apparently washing it too fast and the sponge slid off the knife and sliced the top of my index finger right near the distal joint. :( Right then Corey walked into the room and found me crying and upset about slicing my finger. I held a paper towel on it with pressure and cleaned some stuff up a little bit and then we went to the instacare in Saratoga Springs. It was about 6:30 at night and so my regular doctor wasn't in her office so I had to go to the instacare. They were Very nice people and took very good care of me. Once I got there, there was another patient, a little boy, who was also getting stitches. He didn't even scream so I had a standard to live up to, because I definitely shouldn't be worse than a small child. So the nurse brought me back, took my vitals, numbed up my finger and cleaned it out. It was a pretty deep cut.. If it was up to me I probably would have just put a lot of pressure and a bandaid on it, but it did need stitches. SO then the doctor came in and placed 3 stitches and while he was stitching the nurse gave me a lollipop to suck on to distract me because I really am a wuss when it comes to stuff that happen to me. However, I did survive and my finger has healed Very well :) It's actually not even noticeable anymore. They did a great job and I am so glad Corey was so wonderful to take me and entertain me while I was getting my stitches :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.