Happy 21st Birthday to Me :) One of my favorite hobbies is to make layered cakes, So... I made my own birthday cake! :) I experimented with fondant for the first time. I made it from scratch and so I had to buy stuff like glycerin and I had to boil it with the color and then add it to a large bowl of powdered sugar and mix it and knead it like dough. It was some pretty interesting stuff. I made a larger cake and a small cake. I had to level the cakes, frost them and layer them. It was a lot of fun rolling out the fondant, except for when it stuck to the counter, and putting it onto the cake. I made my own roses out of buttercream too. I think it turned out very pretty. The small cake was fun also, it was pink with white frosting saying "Happy 21st Steph."I definitely enjoy making my own cakes, but I think I won't be making my own fondant again because it was so difficult to work with.
![]() |
| The Fondant is pretty stretchy and sticky like playdough |
![]() |
| Kneading the Fondant |
![]() |
| Leveling the cake |
![]() |
| Frosting the layered cake |
![]() |
| The Final Product |
![]() |
| The mini cake :) |
Corey's Dad and Bonnie took us out to dinner the night before my birthday to Texas Roadhouse :) That was the restaurant that I told Corey I wanted to go eat at for my birthday and he listened. It was great, we had their wonderful rolls and food and had a lot of fun together.
For the rest of my birthday, after Corey went to work, I spent time with my family. For my birthday present, Cami took a bunch of photos of me, kinda like taking senior pictures, because I hadn't had nice pictures taken in a while. I think they turned out great :) The purple button up shirt and purple jacket were a gift to me from Martha. They are made of a very soft fabric and are very cute. Cami did a great job of photographing me today, she and I had fun. All of these are from the train tracks in Lehi :) Here's a few of my favorites:
After that, I had dinner with Dad, Cami, Lexi, Jeremy, Ariana, and Ayden. We celebrated, sang happy birthday to me, and ate my green fondant cake. The fondant was so thick we had to cut into it with a knife to fit the candles into it haha :) It was great though because it kept the cake moist inside :)
A few days later, Mom took me out to dinner with Rickelle and Lexi. We went to my favorite restaurant, Red Robin. It was a lot of fun to see all of them and mom bought me a cute outfit of tan shorts and a white shirt. We had fun together, it was nice seeing them because I don't always get down to the Provo area much during school.
Corey, Martha and I ate the cute mini pink cake a few days later because we weren't able to have cake and ice cream together. It was fun because it was the perfect size for us.
Overall, I had a GREAT 21st birthday. Thanks to everyone who was a part of it for making it wonderful :)


























No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.