There are 6 chickens and 1 rooster at Martha's house.. and two of the chickens decided that they needed to be mommies and hatch some eggs :) The red hen and Doug's old hen found a dark and warm spot in the hay and sat on at least 15 eggs... it was pretty ridiculous. haha. BUT now we have 2 baby chicks!! :) They are Super cute and the mother red hen is really protective of them, she was herding them away from me and puffed up because I got too close when I was trying to take pictures. We are going to wait a while to name them in fear that we will become attached and then something will happen to them, so I will give further updates :) But they are REALLY cute, one is really yellow and the other is more of a yellow-gray. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.