Corey and I love watching the Food Network together, especially the show called "Challenge" which is about famous cake designers competing against each other to make the best cake. It's really fun to watch, we definitely both enjoy it. Corey has started working a few grave shifts and each time he goes I get bored and don't sleep very well because I stay up texting him until like 2 AM. So I decided to be productive while he's at work and bake cakes. haha. So I put the cake mix in the oven about 11 or so and then I attempt to layer 2 cakes. The first time was HORRIBLE because the cake just split in half and the frosting wouldn't hold, so I just threw it away. But I've gotten better :) I bought actual cake pans that are meant for layering cakes, I now use beaters instead of mixing the cake batter by hand (because it makes it more spongy when it cooks), and have bought more icing because it takes more than you would think to put some between the cakes and on the outside.
This last cake was German chocolate with pecan and coconut frosting. I used chocolate icing and almonds to decorate. I loved how it turned out :) I was proud of myself and Corey, Martha, and my family all thought it looked good :) haha so now countless hours have paid off! and Corey gets to be entertained in the middle of the night at work because I stay up haha. The only problem with making cakes is getting people to eat them (because I pretty much only want one piece and then I'm done), but fortunately for me, Cami's parents Tom and Stacey and brother Erron were in town and the cake was eaten by the next day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.